Professional, double-sided Japanese waterstone on which you can sharpen high-quality knives, razors and scissors. It consists of two sharpening surfaces: the brown side has a grain size of 800 (medium, medium grain), and the cream - 6000 (fine, fine grain). Grit 800 is for normal sharpening, while Grit 6000 is for smoothing and polishing the blade. A convenient container is attached to the stone.
Dimensions - 18.5 x 6.3 x 2.5 cm
Gradation - 800/6000 (medium / fine grain)
Made in Japan
Directions for use
1. Immerse the stone in the water for at least 15 minutes or until no more air bubbles are released.
2. Wash and dry the knife. Place the stone so that the surface with grit 800 is on top.
3. Set the blade at an angle of 10-15º, grasp the handle with one hand and grasp the blade with the other hand. Slide the cutting edge along the length of the stone by pushing the knife away from you and towards you with a steady, firm motion and keeping the same angle of inclination. If you hear the same noise every time you move the knife, keep the angle of inclination constant.
Attention! The scale covered with limescale during sharpening speeds up the process. Under no circumstances should it be washed, and if the stone dries out during sharpening, sprinkle it with water.
4. Repeat the sharpening on both sides of the knife until the entire edge is sharp and no burrs are left at any point.
5. Turn the stone over so that the 6000 grit surface is on top. Then smooth and polish the edge on both sides using the same technique as for sharpening.
6. After sharpening, rinse the stone with water and store it dry.