The polishing wool buff should be used with an automotive polisher. Different polishes and waxes can be used with the buff. The buff is fastened onto a rubber backing pad with hook and loop. Make sure the diameter of the polishing buff is the same as the backing pad's diameter.
It is necessary to polish a vehicle body panel when:
- The panel has been newly painted with a clear-coat.
- Shallow scratch marks need to be removed.
- The panel has suffered from oxidation.
- Swirl marks and hologram defects need to be removed.
TIP: The buff is washable after use if the polishing compound is soluble.
hook and loop polishing wool buff range:
|ORDER NO.||DIAMETER||USE BACKING PAD|
Recommended polishing compounds to use:
- Liquid Shine™ High cut - Features a silicone, wax and filler free polishing compound to give a high gloss finish on fresh or cured paint. It is capable of removing P1500 grit sanding marks. It can be used on automotive paints, marine gel-coats and on composite surfaces.
- Liquid Shine™ Fine cut - similar to the High cut polishing compound, but it is designed for use on a ceramic and scratch resistant clear-coat. It is capable of removing P2000 scratch marks.
- Liquid Shine™ Zero swirl - Very low abrasive for the final step of polishing. Removes holograms and swirl marks. Use a soft compounding sponge as a final step